To help you put together the case for attending Discover Sourcing next month, we have answered a few Frequently Asked Questions and summarised all the vital information in this post. You can print this page and show it to your boss, or just send them a link.
Discover Sourcing 2013
When: 17th & 18th September 2013
Where: Prospero House, 241 Borough High Street, London
Who Should Attend?
Attend both days of Discover Sourcing if you work in a sourcing role, are a recruiter and do your own sourcing, or if you want to learn more about how to source.
Managers who oversee sourcing professionals, consultants, thought leaders and recruitment business owners should attend the Discover Sourcing conference day only.
Who is attending?
So far we have a real mix of in-house recruiters and sourcers, executive search consultants and recruitment business owners.
What will I learn?
The Internet Sourcing Workshop on Tuesday 17th September will be run by Katharine Robinson and Karen Blakeman. The workshop is split into four sessions; How to get more relevant results from Google, Alternatives to Google, Unlocking LinkedIn and Sourcing from industry events. Take a look at our post on the Day 1 Workshop for full details.
The conference on Wednesday 18th September will consist of “How to” sessions (from the likes of Martin Lee, Oscar Mager, Shane McCusker, and Laura Stoker), case studies from LV= and Avancos, sessions on the history and future of sourcing, trends in job advertising and, of course, social media. Why not check out the full agenda so far?
What is the background of the event?
UK Sourcers have been running a few tiny free events wherever they can scrounge space and free wifi for over a year. It has been our dream to do something bigger, with unrestricted numbers, for quite a while.
This is the inaugural Discover Sourcing event. Organised by Katharine Robinson and the UK Sourcers community to bring sourcers from around the world together in a location convenient for us Brits.
Magical things seem to happen when people passionate about sourcing get together. The primary mission of this event is to get lots of like minded people together and give them plenty of inspiration and space to allow that magic to happen.
What are the benefits of attending Discover Sourcing?
Here are just some of the things that you could gain by attending the sessions on offer at Discover Sourcing;
- Detailed instruction in Internet sourcing techniques from leaders in the profession
- The opportunity to try out new cutting edge sourcing tools
- Exposure to a wide range of candidate generation strategies and techniques
- The opportunity to discuss your challenges when sourcing across Europe
- A chance to understand how to better maximise the effectiveness of your job advertising activities
- An understanding of the impact social media is having on the way we do business, find jobs and make good use of our networks
- The chance to explore some of the biggest challenges faced by sourcing professionals, and how these might be solved, as we look into the future
- How recruitment businesses can employ their sourcing skills to uncover business development opportunities
- Hear from well known brands like Ernst & Young and LV= about their approaches to sourcing talent
- Gain an understanding of how sourcing as an activity and sourcers as professionals currently fit into recruitment teams in the UK
- Realise the impact that your sourcing activity has on your brand
- Bring your new knowledge back to your colleagues in order to benefit your whole organisation.
There will be multiple sessions running at any one time at Discover Sourcing on 18th September, it is up to you to choose the sessions most appropriate for you and your business needs.
What is the cost of attending?
Tickets: £345+VAT (for the conference day on 18th Sept) or £495+VAT (for a full 2 day pass to the workshop on the 17th Sept and the conference day). Do get in touch about discount rates for multiple tickets.
Accommodation: Hotels from about £95 (this might be applicable if you attend both days of Discover Sourcing)
Other Costs to Consider: Travel, food (we will be providing lunch and refreshments on Day 1 and breakfast, lunch and refreshments on Day 2).